Monday, February 21, 2005

Morning at Hebbal n Evening at Ebony..

Weekend means waking up early for me now .. Well I woke up at 5.30 am( I know lotta people who know me for a long time won't believe it) .. yes 5.30 am .. Some of us in BPC has deceided to go to Hebbal lake to capture some bird activity there.. I've started around 6 am and has to pick up Hari on the way.. The sun has just risen sometime around 6.30 and by that time we were at Hebbal Kere(Kere means Lake in Kannada) .. Senthil was already there .. I've been there before and I knew I would have tough time capturing birds through the lens I have ..Anyway thought of giving it a try .. And to horror one of my nightmares came real.. My cameras back is closing after I loaded the film .. It seems the spring in the door lock has loosen up and it's not locking the door .. I was totally in a mood of sadness.. But luckily after some time I was able to lock it and started shooting .. In this place the birds are lil' bit further from the point of view .. I wish I had a digital and a 500mm lens(going to buy one 170-500mm soon).. Anyway tried a bit hard and was able to capture some of the action .. I thought of giving a try on smaller birds which r on the ground .. One thing I learnt that patience is the key and I waited near a small tree for a long time and have seen Robins and Bulbuls chirping and dancing from a close quarter ..

Hebbal lake is host to lotsa birds and I could see Robins,Bulbuls,Pond herons,
Egrets,Coots,Kites,Moorhens,Parakeets etc etc.. Some of the birds I couldn't recognise as I'm not yet very much knowledgable on avians.. One was a greenish yellowish small bird that I couldn't recognise.. anyway had a nice time shooting there and I was shooting negatives as I didn't have any slides left and I had BnW's only .. Anyway had anice time there enjoying the morning with chriping of birds and doing I love to do most,shooting with my SLR.. We came back form there by 9 pm..
Found a place near house to get my car washed .. The job was good but they charged me 150 for the car wash ..anyway,that's the problem of having a car instead of a bike(bike would cost only 40 bucks..sighhhhh) ..

Evening : Had to buy a gift for Ajay.. He got married and we(me,Honsha,Deep,Pankaj n Saurav) decided to get a nice gift .. So went to PAi and got the gift..On the way we've decided to try the new coffee-day at Jeevan-Beema Nagar.. We instantaniously loved the ambience.. IT was spacious then the other Coffee day in Indira Nagar which gives us a cramed feeling..Deep anounced that he'll give us a treat for his new Computer .. ;-);-) .. Had a nice Coffee with not so good Black-Forest(I'm still to find a place to get a good black forest in Bangalore)
Have a party at 7.30 pm at tried and tasted (bored according to Deep ;-) ) Ebony .. I like the place not only because of the food but for the view it offers of Bangalore.. We reached there by 8.00 pm,thanks to the traffic and indian puncuality.. I had to get my slides from Prabhu(Sighhh, I don't have other option to get it done elsewhere .. So thought of giving them one more chance) .. These were the slides of 2nd trip to Kokkrebellur and Medahali lake .. I was kept my fingures crossed and hoped that this time there won't be any scratches on the pics .. Pics have come out good .. I could see at least 20-25 good pics from the 3 rolls that I've shoot.. Will get then mounted tomorrow.. Anyway the party at the Ebony was a great one with around 15 of us .. Taken some lots using my digicam ..Given some tips to Deep.. Have to post process them somtime in the coming week .. After having some good Poisson a la Bedfort we were back to home by 12.30.. Will be sleeping whole day tomorrow..

No comments: